INCREASE : International Network Clinical ResEArch Sustainable InitiativEs
The Institut Pasteur is moving to meet new challenges
Founded in 1887 and based in France, the Institut Pasteur is an international research institute of excellence with a mission to advance science, medicine and public health. The Institut Pasteur is a private, non-profit foundation with recognized charitable status entrusted with four core missions of public interest – research, education, public health and valorization of scientific research via technology transfer and industrial partnerships.
The Institute Pasteur in Paris is the Parisian node of the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN), which consists of 33 institutes around the world, united by their shared history, mission and fundamental values. The Institut Pasteur is now moving to align and strengthen its strategies and actions, to meet new challenges and opportunities in a world without borders. To catalyze and coordinate actions, new transversal and cross-disciplinary centers have been established, among them, the Center for Translational Science, the Center for Global Health, and the Centre for Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and Integrative Biology.
INCREASE (International Network Clinical ResEArch Sustainable InitiativEs) is an intiative of the Center for Translational Science and the international division of the Institut Pasteur.
The Center for Translational Science (CRT) gathers :
- a technology core (cytometry and biomarker discovery)
- a clinical coordination
- a biobanking core with access to human bioresources
The goal of INCREASE is to facilitate clinical research in the Institut Pasteur International Network. It will improve capacity building to set up phase 1-3 clinical trials.
The INCREASE Objectives:
- IPIN being considered as a major international actor for clinical research
- Increase clinical research in the IPIN
- Increase volume and quality of programs linked to clinical research
INCREASE core group
In order to organize ourselves, INCREASE will first federate a core group of 7 Instituts Pasteur (French Guiana, Cambodia, Tunis, Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Madagascar). It will then be extended to the 33 Instituts Pasteur.
- Electronic Case Report Form eCRF (in collaboration with Direction of information system)
- Inventory of needs (on-going)
- Team’s mobilisation around international grants (eg. EDCTP, vaccinal plateform)
Perspectives of INCREASE
- Expansion of INCREASE (1 focal person for clinical research in each IPIN institution)
- Dedicated clinical research teaching (Regional courses to strengthen local capacities, Online courses)
- Quart d’heure Pasteur in the IPIN (concise talks to favour the transfer of knowledge between scientists and clinicians)